At Fox Country Properties we have a portfolio of properties for let almost exclusively in village and rural locations. Our aim is to match you with your perfect property and make the process of finding a new home as stress free as possible.
Once you have searched our portfolio and a found property we will arrange a viewing. You will be accompanied by an experienced member of staff who will be happy to answer any questions you may have and advise you on any issues you raise. Once you have decided on the property you wish to apply for we provide you with an application form and the process can get under way.
Prior to acceptance of your application we will require satisfactory references. These will include –
- A current employment reference
- A previous employment reference (if current is less than 6 months)
- A previous landlords reference (if applicable)
We are also required to undertake a full credit check. We use the services of an independent referencing company to obtain and evaluate these references.
- Holding Deposit (per tenancy) One week’s rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
- Security Deposit Five weeks’ rent.This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy and will be registered with a government authorised tenancy deposit protection scheme
- Unpaid Rent Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
- Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
- Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) £50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation.To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
- Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request) £50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
- To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
- Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)
- Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy
- During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
- Other permitted payments
- Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
- Tenant protection
- Fox Country Properties is a member of the RICS Client Money Protection Scheme which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of the Property Ombudsman Scheme, which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on the agent’s website or by contacting the agent directly.
If you would like any further information please contact us at email@example.com
Market Bosworth Office Tel 01455 290302
Tur Langton Office Tel 0116 366 7012